Dive Rite - Doubles Tank Bands
Dive Rite Tank Bands are tungsten inert gas welded (TIG) and have beveled edges that minimize scratching of painted tanks during assembly. They are constructed of 18-gauge, 304 stainless steel, with a #3 polished finish and 11-gauge, 304 stainless steel structural plates. 304 stainless steel is a high grade, low carbon alloy that resists corrosion, even in saltwater. Every band is precision sheared and punched and goes through a stringent quality control test during each step of the manufacturing process. Our bands also include an appropriately sized stainless steel all-thread bolt kit which is also made of 304 stainless steel. Made in the U.S.A.
- 18-gauge, 304 stainless steel with #3 polished finish and 11-gauge, 304 stainless steel structural plates resist saltwater corrosion
- TIG welds provide exceptional strength
- Beveled, smooth edges eliminate scratching
- 7.25-inch Tank Bands are 2.5-inches (6.4 cm) in width
- Fits 7.25-inch (184 mm) diameter bands. Fits US-standard AL80, HP80, HP100, HP120 and all E7/X7 and European-standard tanks with 8.5 inch (216 mm) center to center spacing.
- 8-inch Tank Bands are 3-inches (7.6 cm) in width
- 8-inch (203 mm) diameter bands. Fits US-standard AL100, LP95, LP104, HP119, LP120, HP130 and all E8/X8 tanks and European-standard 15L and 18L tanks (203 mm).
- 4.7 lbs (2.13 kg)
- Made in USA
- In the 1980’s there was a variety of tank manifolds on the market, each with its own center-to-center spacing. Specialty tank band manufacturers entered the market and began offering bands for each style of manifold. Since the mid-1990’s manifolds have been standardized allowing tank bands to become fairly uniform in design. Specialized tank bands are no longer necessary unless a diver is using an older manifold or one that lacks double barrel o-ring seals.
- Wing nuts and washers are easy to lose. Keeping a couple spares of each in a save-a-dive kit could save the day.