SDI - Inactive Diver/Refresher DiverSold Out
Refresh Your Scuba Skills!
SDI INACTIVE DIVER/REFRESHER PROGRAM
The SDI Inactive Diver/Refresher Program is designed to update and review the knowledge and skill level of an inactive diver. SDI encourages the use of this program for instructors, assistant instructors, and resorts or dive facilities that have questions regarding the diving history of an individual. This program can also be used as a catalyst for continuing education programs.
Who this course is for:
- The certified diver who has been inactive for a period of time and wishes to review the scuba skills and academic information before starting to dive again
To participate in the SDI Inactive Diver/Refresher Course, the individual must:
- Have proof of an SDI Open Water Scuba Diver or equivalent from a recognized dive training organization
- SDI Junior Open Water Scuba Diver certification or equivalent from a recognized dive training organization.
What you can expect to learn:
Although one in-water training dive is required, the instructor or assistant instructor may use their discretion with reference to the skills needed to complete the dive.
What’s in it for you:
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may engage in diving activities without direct supervision of the SDI Instructor* so long as the following limits are adhered to:
- The diving activities approximate those of training
- The areas of activities approximate those of training
- Environmental conditions approximate those of training
*Note: Junior divers (ages 10-14) must participate in diving activities with a parent, guardian, or dive professional.
SDI Inactive Diver/Refresher Diver minimum requirements:
- Complete requirements efficiently
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
How do I take this course?
- Sign up and we'll reach out to schedule
- BCD/Regulator Set/Wetsuit/Dive Computer/Tanks/Weights for use during your water session
- One Instructional Dive in the Pool or Open Water
What’s Not Included:
- Mask/Snorkel/Fins must be provided by the student
- Travel Related Costs and Boat Fees (unless shore diving) if diving in the Sea of Cortez or any body of water other than our pool in Tucson